At 42, Leander Paes remains to be going sturdy. India’s veteran tennis star added yet one more Grand Slam success on Saturday (Sept 12) when he captured the US Open blended doubles title together with his Swiss accomplice Martina Hingis. Paes now has 17 Grand Slam trophies, probably the most by an Indian. His first ever success got here 16 years in the past in 1999 at French Open with Mahesh Bhupathi. In 2015, he has Three Grand Slams having earlier received the Wimbledon with Hingis.
He has now received 9 blended doubles main titles and trails behind solely Martina Navratilova (10). Paes mentioned chemistry is vital to any partnership and he enjoys a fantastic relation with Martina Hingis, who’s phenomenal participant.
Right here is the complete record of Paes’ Grand Slam trophies (1999 to 2015)
Males’s doubles (Eight titles) – Three with Mahesh Bhupathi, 2 every with Lukas Dlouhy and Radek Stepanek, 1 with Martin Damm.
1. 1999 French Open with Mahesh Bhupathi (India)
2. 1999 Wimbledon with Bhupathi
3. 2001 French Open with Bhupathi
4. 2006 US Open with Martin Damm (Czech Republic)
5. 2009 French Open with Lukas Dlouhy (Czech Republic)
6. 2009 US Open with Dlouhy
7. 2012 Australian Open with Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic)
8. 2013 US Open with Stepanek
Blended doubles (9 titles) –
Three every with Cara Black and Martina Hingis, 2 with Martina Navratilova, 1 with Lisa Raymond
1. 1999 Wimbledon with Lisa Raymond (USA)
2. 2003 Australian Open with Martina Navratilova (USA)
3. 2003 Wimbledon with Navratilova
4. 2008 US Open with Cara Black (Zimbabwe)
5. 2010 Australian Open with Cara
6. 2010 Wimbledon with Cara
7. 2015 Australian Open with Martina Hingis (Switzerland)
8. 2015 Wimbledon with Hingis
9. 2015 US Open with Hingis